Real estate tip: Rentals offer tax treasures

Can you defer capital gains on a rental property?
Published on Jan 23, 2004

Get Inman via Facebook Messenger
Our top headlines delivered once a day.
by CareyBot

The IRS allows property owners to defer capital gains liability if they buy another rental property and meet the requirements for a so-called 1031 exchange. The IRS does not allow property owners to defer their capital gains tax from the ...