Jane Ellsworth-Purcell, SVP of Advanced Access, will speak at Real Estate Connect July 28-30 in San Francisco.
1. What are your current or childhood nicknames?
None that I will admit to.
2. Which daily newspaper do you read and which section of the newspaper do you read first?
The Register (Orange County, Calif.), and I usually turn and read through real estate section.
3. What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever packed in a suitcase?
I once packed an entire suitcase of “junk food” (“Pop Tarts,” pretzels, “Chips Ahoy” cookies) for my kids when they were younger. We were traveling for six weeks throughout the South Pacific islands. I knew they wouldn’t enjoy the exotic foods of the various remote islands and came prepared.
4. What kind of music do you listen to?
Classic ’80s–is there anything else?
5. What style of home do you live in and when did you buy it?
My husband and I recently purchased a 50-year-old, “Ranch-style” home in Newport Beach, Calif., last summer.
6. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Tokyo, Japan, in March 2004. The people I met were warm, friendly and very helpful. The trip enabled my family and me to experience a great and royal culture, and we will definitely plan a return trip in the very near future.
7. What professional accomplishment in your life are you most proud of?
Owning and operating a chain of surf and skate shops from California to Utah at the young age of 21 years!
8. What personal accomplishment in your life are you most proud of?
My most cherished accomplishment to date is having and raising two healthy, beautiful and well-rounded daughters, ages 15 and 19.
9. How many e-mail addresses do you have?
I currently use three different e-mail addresses–one for business, one for family, and one for junk e-mail.
10. What worries keep you awake at night?
My 15- and 19-year-old daughters–need I say more?
11. What lesson did you learn in the last year?
Everyone says it’s better to give than receive…however I’ve learned that if we all felt that particular way, there would be no one to actually receive those specific acts of kindness and thoughtfulness that we experience. There is a gracious, warm and considerate method to “receive,” and not everyone knows how to do so.
12. What is your favorite technology device or software application?
My own personal technology device is “spell check”; I never leave home without it!
13. What is your opinion of Inman News?
Inman News has formed a reputation as a “great resource” that is “easy to read” and that keeps current on various technologies, issues and information that is vital to the professional who claims to be “in-tune” with the ever-evolving real estate industry.
14. What was the best gift you ever received from or gave to someone else?
I surprised my younger sister last year with a trip to London, England. We share the same birthdates, only one year apart! Of course I had to go with her to keep her company!
15. What was your top New Year’s resolution and have you kept it so far?
I always felt badly, when a few months into the New Year, I would somehow find myself “breaking” my newly made resolution. This year, my New Year’s resolution was not to make a resolution so I don’t have to feel bad about breaking it! So far this year, I’m doing very well!
16. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Definitely a morning person. I am up each day by 5 a.m. and online no later than 5:15 a.m.
17. What is your worst vice or bad habit?
I’m currently in a “12-step program” for a 20-year addiction to “Dr Pepper.” I’m almost there, as I’ve recently switched to “Coca-Cola.” I’m afraid that’s about as good as it is going to get!
What’s your opinion? Send your Letter to the Editor to firstname.lastname@example.org.