Maria Angelina Casteneda purchased a home from Michael Behnke. Coldwell Banker Residential was the listing broker. After Casteneda and her son Marcos moved into the house, they noticed a moldy smell in the kitchen and downstairs bathroom. An environmental test later revealed a dangerous level of mycotoxins and mold spores. The estimated cost of repairs to remove the mold was about $25,000. Purchase Bob Bruss reports online. The exposure to the mold caused Casteneda and her son Marcos to become ill, causing Marcos to develop asthma. Marcos sued the house seller, the seller's listing agent (Coldwell Banker) and others, alleging breach of duty to disclose home defects. He alleged negligence, nuisance, fraud, misrepresentation and concealment of a dangerous condition causing Marcos severe...
Get Inman via Facebook Messenger
Our top headlines delivered once a day.