DEAR BOB: My husband and I purchased our townhouse in 2000. We had been planning to relocate to Florida in June of 2006 to live near my family. However, my husband has now decided we should sell our townhouse "as is" and move by the end of September 2005. He fears the housing market will collapse if we wait until the summer of 2006. I had intended to do the following fix-up: (1) repaint the interior; (2) re-carpet, as the carpeting is badly stained, worn and burned in some areas; (3) replace the vanities and medicine cabinets; and (4) replace the garden edging. These are basically minor cosmetic improvements. I believe our selling "as is" will cause us a loss greater than the increase in market value during the next year. Your opinion, please? – Nancy L. DEAR NANCY: Nobody can predi...
Get Inman via Facebook Messenger
Our top headlines delivered once a day.