Ex-husband lays claim to $250,000 home-sale exemption

Why moving out of home does not affect eligibility
Published on Jan 26, 2006

Get Inman via Facebook Messenger
Our top headlines delivered once a day.
by CareyBot

DEAR BOB: In 1989, my wife and I bought our family home together. In 1998, we separated. I moved into an apartment and she stayed in the house. We divorced in 2003. I agreed to receive a $100,000 lump sum ...