Get Inman via Facebook Messenger
Our top headlines delivered once a day.
by CareyBot

DEAR BOB: My mother signed a listing contract to sell her Lauderhill, Fla., condominium. She said the listing agent told her a 6 percent sales commission and a six-month listing period were mandatory and there is a fee imposed if the property is sold by a different real estate agent within 30 days of the contract expiration. Are these statements true for Florida real estate? She had only two showings of her condo during the first two weeks of the listing and none since then. Her listing expires in October. What should she do? --Mike K. DEAR MIKE: That listing agent lied to your mother. Real estate sales commissions and listing terms are fully negotiable in every state. Purchase Bob Bruss reports online. A few brokerage firms set listing rules for their sales agents, such as a 6 percent mi...