Get Inman via Facebook Messenger
Our top headlines delivered once a day.
by CareyBot

DEAR BOB: The sellers of our house changed their minds on several items that were supposed to be repaired shortly after the close of the sale. They didn't fulfill their requirement. We have two signed documentations by the landscape architect the seller hired, as well as the homeowners association, stating the work was incomplete. Our real estate broker wants nothing to do with this matter since he already got his commission. What are our options to get reimbursed for these added expenses? --Danielle M. DEAR DANIELLE: The best way to resolve a dispute like this is to obtain a written cost estimate for completing the work to which the seller agreed. Send a copy of the estimate, along with a very polite demand letter, giving the seller a reasonable time to have the work completed ...