Get Inman via Facebook Messenger
Our top headlines delivered once a day.
by CareyBot

DEAR BOB: I recently bought my first home. It is on a busy street with a very small front yard and no street parking. Shortly after moving in, I received a notice that the city plans to widen the street and take four feet from the front of my property. This will necessitate taking down a big, old, beautiful tree and leave only a few feet from my house to the sidewalk. A neighbor said all the neighbors knew about the street widening, and the city claims to have notified all owners. What are my rights? The seller said nothing about this on the seller's disclosure statement. If I would have known of the city's plans, I wouldn't have bought the house. What should I do? --Mary E. DEAR MARY: If there was a real estate agent involved in the transaction, he or she claims to be a "profes...