Cast-iron pipes shouldn’t be oozing tar

Repairing pipe joints can be difficult, dangerous job
Published on Jan 29, 2008

Get Inman via Facebook Messenger
Our top headlines delivered once a day.
by CareyBot

Q: My house was constructed in 1955, and in the basement laundry area I have cast-iron drain pipes that are oozing tar from the joints. What products/procedures would I use to repair them? –U. W. A: Pipes of the type ...