Get Inman via Facebook Messenger
Our top headlines delivered once a day.
by CareyBot

CORRECTION: The original column contained an error in characterizing coverage for fire-related damage from earthquakes. The Insurance Information Institute reports that standard home and business insurance policies typically provide coverage for some types of damages related to earthquakes, "such as fire and water damage due to burst gas and water pipes." Inman News regrets this error.It's springtime and the news is filled with unseasonably late blizzards, flooding, mudslides, tornadoes, hail and devastating fires. In the summer and fall, many areas must prepare for hurricanes. Of course, there also could be an earthquake, a volcanic eruption or a tidal wave. Do you have the insurance coverage you need to protect your home? Many people believe that their homeowner's insuran...