Editor’s note: This story has been updated to clarify the Market Video tool’s price. The service costs $1,500 a month, but is available now at an introductory rate of $1,000 a month.
A new tool from real estate video technology firm VScreen allows brokers to present fully automated, branded monthly residential real estate market analysis videos for specific ZIP codes, neighborhoods and cities, on their websites, social media platforms and YouTube.
With data sourced from a broker’s multiple listing service via real estate technology firm Terradatum, the sub-90-second videos, complete with animated graphs and computer-generated voiceover, cover five elements of a local real estate market:
- Number of active listings for the most recent month with comparisons to those of the previous month and year.
- Median list price for the most recent month and previous month.
- Average number of days of for-sale homes on the market for the month with a comparison to the previous year.
- Median sale price with year-over-year comparisons.
- Number of units sold with month-over-month and year-over-year comparisons.
Screen shot of VScreen market video (see sample video here).
The service takes about three weeks to set up, said VScreen CEO Stephen Schweickart, but once it’s established, the videos’ codes auto-regenerate, updating automatically each month. The tool can generate videos for market areas however they are designated by individual MLSs, including neighborhood, ZIP code, city, and MLS area.
Although an agent version is in development, currently the tool, which costs $1,500 a month — with an introductory price of $1,000 a month — for up to 50 videos, is exclusively for brokers and distributed and sold by Terradatum.
Brokerages currently using the service include Pacific Union International, Houlihan Lawrence and Prudential Texas Properties.
|Contact Inman News:|
|Letter to the Editor|