Laurel Starks remembers her first successful sale of a divorce property. It was early in her real estate career in 2006. An attorney friend got her appointed as the agent on a court order to sell a house. And when she arrived to see the house, it was not at its best ...
- Handling divorce property is a challenge in neutrality, plus you are doing a lot more work, keeping both parties (and their attorneys) up to date.
- Doing your due diligence in divorce real estate is crucial -- mortgage payments can often be in arrears.
- If you really want to specialize in divorce real estate, consider mediation training.
- Selling a divorce property rarely leads to more transactions because clients are typically financially strapped and not ready to buy.
- No matter how complicated the sale of divorce property may be, remember the phrase, “Just sell the house.”
Get Inman via Facebook Messenger
Our top headlines delivered once a day.