I know that it seems weird that I’m a real estate agent, and I’m suggesting a trade show — but hear me out on this.
Of course, if you know me, you already know that I don’t do traditional marketing, and therefore, I am not going to do a trade show the traditional way.
The traditional trade show involves booths set up with people hounding you to get your information by putting your name on a ticket for a gift or prize. Let’s be honest, people already know that if you are giving your information on that ticket, you are going to get pestered.
So people are already guarded and not willing to give out that information willingly.
So, let’s play pretend and set this up a little different:
- I have a stager I like, and I invite them to do this show with me.
- We set the space up like a luxury living room with three computers on the coffee table.
- We offer a great prizes (a free staging consultation, a free furniture package, free gift certificates). Notice I said prizes.
- We ask the attendees to sit on the couches, and they now feel like they are home.
- We ask them to fill out an online survey about the staging.
Do you like the set up, colors, feel of the couches, etc.?
- We then have our computers show three listings and ask them what they liked best.
- Then we request they fill out their information for a free chance to win.
In the meantime, there’s a TV playing of your clients being interviewed about why they love you. So there you have it, a non-traditional method to rock trade shows.
You can watch more marketing for real estate agents videos on my YouTube channel.