We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Privately owned housing units authorized by building permits in January were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1,202,000.
- This is a 0.2 percent decrease from December 2014’s revised rate.
- However, it’s above the January 2015 estimate of 1,059,000.
- The market composite index increased 8.2 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis week-over-week.
- The seasonally adjusted purchase index increased 2 percent week-over-week and up 30 percent year-over-year.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 64.3 percent of total applications, up from 61.2 percent the previous week.
Home equity rates:
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- Completed foreclosures were down 22.6 percent year-over-year in December 2015.
- Home prices were up 6.3 percent year-over-year in December 2015.
- 2015 was the worst year on record for wildfires, with more than 10 million acres burned.
- Housing sales increased 9.2 percent year-over-year.
- This is the strongest annual gain since June 2015.
- On average, housing prices rose 2.5 percent year-over-year.
- January home sales were up 6.3 percent year-over-year.
- The median sales price of all homes sold in January was $200,714.
- This is a 6.7 percent annual increase over the median sales price in January 2014.
Email market reports to email@example.com.