- High-end brokers and developers are cautiously optimistic about the current market.
- The things luxury buyers are seeking in their properties remain relatively unchanged -- exclusivity, privacy, amenities.
- When working with foreign buyers, pay attention to cultural differences.
- Understand your market and use your branding and marketing to sell a story that supports your market.
- It's in the managing transactions and advising clients that agents prove their true value.
What should agents make of the buzz surrounding the New York City luxury housing cooldown? At Global Connect, Louise Phillips Forbes, a broker at Halstead Property, described the slowed market pace as more of a “healthy pause.” “The rise we’ve experienced since 2014 — we can’t even keep up with it,” she said. “So I’m cautiously optimistic.”