Professional goals — we all have to have them to create a path to success.
In this week’s video, Peter Lorimer of PLG Estates gives his top tips for professional real estate goal setting.
My suggestions for setting professional goals are:
1. Start with a yearly goal
- Start with the endgame goal.
- Then freak yourself out about that goal, and break it down into monthly goals.
- Set quarterly goals — but really six-month goals, due to the length of time it takes to do a real estate deal.
2. The biggest mistake you can make is not handwriting your goals
- Writing down these goals and believing you can obtain them is key to achieving them.
3. Remind yourself consistently of your goals
- Every year, I get a dollar bill and write down my dollar amount goal. Then I post it on my refrigerator so that I see it every time I go to the fridge.