You know you’re a young agent when you sell your first listing before you buy your own home. New agents on a team and those flying solo alike face challenges, but some young business generators are finding success regardless and proving that, indeed, age is just a number. But with the great freedom that real estate allows -- namely, the ability to jump into the industry with just a licensing exam -- comes great responsibility. Common threads of wisdom among stand-out rookies (or those that started in the business at a young age) include the value of mentorship, openness in listening to new ideas, and the power of surrounding yourself with smart and established people. Here are six young agents who are doing something right and their advice for others in the field. Those wh...
- Successful new agents urge others to work in the business full-time.
- Choose mentors who listen to your ideas.
- Don't overwhelm yourself with social media activity; pick one platform that works for you.
- Take on as much training as you can, which will stand you in good stead in the future.
- Some of the tried-and-true techniques are the best.
Get Inman via Facebook Messenger
Our top headlines delivered once a day.