Are you showing your clients the love?
What better holiday to show gratitude than during Valentine’s Day? One of the things I love about Valentine’s Day is that it isn’t just limited to our sweethearts, but it opens a door to tell the people that mean the most to us how much they are appreciated.
There are a number of things real estate professionals can do to show how much we truly appreciate our clients and the people we interact with.
Here are five of my favorite ways:
1. Bubbly for your buyers. Drop off a bottle of champagne to every one of your buyers that you are working with – whether it is one or ten. How about dropping off that bottle in person at their office or doorstep with a note attached that says, “Put this bottle on ice. I can’t wait to crack it open and celebrate your new home with you. We are almost there – I can feel it!”
2. Recognizing the ones who work behind the scenes. Who works the hardest for you? Your office staff! If you are an agent, surprise the staff members at your office; the receptionist who works hard to greet each and every person with a smile, the office manager who always makes sure there is coffee in the kitchen and paper in the copier, the marketing manager who works extra hours to get your listing flyers done, the transaction coordinators who make sure every “I” is dotted and “T” is crossed – all of those people make your life a little easier. Surprise them with a handwritten Valentine and a gift card to the local spa so they can pamper themselves!
3. Create a “love” theme for your social media posts. Stuck in a rut of what to post? On Valentines Day and throughout the weekend, post things that uplift people in your social circles; aka “show them the love!” Is there a restaurant you absolutely love or a favorite boutique? Recognize them on your Facebook Page – write a one to two sentence status update about them, post a photo and make sure to tag their Facebook Business Page. Show them the love unselfishly and don’t expect anything in return.
4. Deliver flowers to your neighbors. Do you know your neighbors? If you are like most people you do not. How about delivering a small bundle of flowers to three neighbors – the two next door to you and across the street. This will give you a reason to knock on their door. Make the sole reason to meet them.
5. Deliver a surprise to the last great agent you were in a transaction with. In real estate, so much of what we do is dependent on other people. But, there are a lot of really great people in this business. How about surprising the last great agent you worked with (last week or last month) and delivering flowers or a nice bottle of champagne with a note that says, “In this business, I wish there were more agents like you. Thank you for being one of the greats. Wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day!”
These are just a few ideas, but I’d love to hear yours. If you have a creative way to show your clients and the people you work with how much you appreciate them, post a comment below!
Wishing YOU a very Happy Valentine’s Day!