Inman News (View all jobs)
Anywhere in the U.S.
The real estate community around the world turns to Inman News first for accurate, innovative and timely information about the industry. Known for its award-winning journalism, cutting-edge technology coverage and forward-thinking events, Inman is the industry’s leading source of professional real estate information.
Our creative team is looking for a freelance designer specializing in user experience, digital, and events. This is a contract, remote position working on a variety of web-based projects and event design. We are looking for freelancers anywhere in the US with availability for up to 40 hours a month.
- Concept, design and art direct landing pages, websites and digital marketing assets for Inman events, digital products and our sales team
- Concept and design logos, graphics and visuals for event signage and event structures
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout to be used and introduce them to designs in a way that works with an existing branding toolkit — while remaining imaginative
- Digital production, including preparing files for web development team and designing social media graphics
- Basic print production, including building print-ready files
Key Skills & Knowledge
- 3+ years’ experience, with a portfolio demonstrating proficiency in UX design, landing page and website design and mobile/responsive design
- 3+ years’ experience designing to brand style guides experience conceptualizing individual marketing campaigns.
- Experience in digital publishing preferred; multimedia (email, websites, landing pages, video, infographics) experience a plus
- An eye for typography, whitespace, and other details that occur at the intersection of design and code
- User experience design for digital interfaces, both web, mobile, email
- Must have solid production skills with Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Responsiveness and ability to self-start and be highly productive in remote setting
- Ability to communicate clearly and articulate concepts and ideas
- Thick skin and a true self-starter who can act decisively in complex environments
- Brings energy and passion to everything they do, and will not be afraid to roll-up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big and small
Inman is an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive workplace environment.
This is a contract, remote position.
To apply, please send a résumé, cover letter, a link to a robust online portfolio and your level of involvement in each concept/deliverable.