Inman News (View all jobs)
Anywhere in the U.S.Apply Now
Email is an essential tool at Inman for driving audience to our subscription editorial product, marketing our best-in-class events, and delivering sponsor messaging. The Director of Email will work with the Product, Growth and Editorial groups to conceptualize, execute, and report on work that helps Inman increase readership and revenue via email.
- Ownership of KPIs like list size, deliverability, open, click and conversion rates.
- Plan and drive implementation of product strategies for improving these KPIs, such as content personalization, understanding how email frequency affects conversion, list growth and cross-promotion campaigns, and optimization via multivariate testing.
- Specify and drive creation of automated reporting for these KPIs to the company as a whole in order to improve strategy.
- Build a scalable team to reliably execute day to day email operations. Reduce production costs by improving production workflows and promoting reuse.
- Plan and coordinate the launch of new email and ad products.
- Investigate the interactive potential and anticipated ROI of technologies like AMP for Email.
- Monitor innovations and best practices across the industry.
- Document our vendor requirements and lead vendor choice.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Hands-on experience creating, testing, launching and measuring the success of email campaigns
- Experience specifying and driving the development of an ESP integration
- An understanding of HTML and database logic
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM, GDPR, and CCPA regulations
- Attention to detail, correctness and visual quality