Inman Connect San Francisco Sponsor Resources
We are so excited you're on board to help us make Connect a success!
Bookmark this page as a convenient source of show information, logistics, order forms, and tradeshow best practices as Connect approaches.
Please contact Devon Broderick if there’s something more we can do for you.
If you know what you’re looking for, click to jump to a section below:
- Where can I park?
- Where do I go when I arrive?
- What should I bring with me to my exhibit space?
- When will traffic be heaviest?
- Who should I ask for furniture, tech support, equipment, etc.
- Are we allowed to bring our own signage?
- Is there dedicated meeting space?
- What is the dress code?
- What are the shipping, materials handling, and drayage charges?
- Do I need to order power for the show?
- How is the wifi for the show?
- Can I leave my stuff in the exhibit areas overnight?
- Where can I grab meals/coffee/sustenance at the show?
Whether this is your first Inman Connect or you just want some solid tips on engaging and retaining business onsite, you will find useful resources here!
Check out these short video snippets for a quick crash course on generating, engaging, and retaining business with customers onsite!
Tips to Increase ROI before Connect
- Develop clear objectives for the conference (1:47)
- Get closer to who you want to meet onsite (1:28)
- Take advantage of Inman’s resources (0:51)
Tips to Increase ROI during Connect
- Draw traffic with good boothsmanship (1:09)
- Drive traffic with social media during the show (1:02)
- Be everywhere that it’s happening (1:02)
- Understand your prospects (1:31)
- Capture and qualify leads (0:56)
- Regularly check in with your conference objectives during the event (0:46)
- Start your post-show follow-up at the conference (0:00)
- Go the distance (1:17)
One Tip to Increase ROI after Connect
Taking care of registration now will drastically minimize delays onsite, allowing you to focus on prepping for the event.
- Contact Devon if you need your conference registration links.
- If you need to purchase exhibit only passes for additional staff, you can do so for $150.00 here.
This is a great alternative to collecting business cards and manually entering them into your follow-up database at the show.
Check out rental prices and ordering instructions here.
We’re offering exhibitors a complimentary placement in our virtual event bag, which we will share with all of the attendees. Use your placement to advertise a free offer, giveaway, or downloadable resource for the event and drive up leads.
Create your placement before Wednesday, 7/11/18.
Do a quick 4-question survey to identify the products and services your company provides. This will help you better connect with the Connect attendees you seek most.
Complete the survey ASAP to ensure you appear in all the right categories.
Discounted room rates at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square for Inman Connect start at $299.00/night + applicable taxes, based on availability.
The reservation deadline is Saturday, 6/23. Reserve your room online today or call 800-HILTONS and ask for group code “INM” to reserve into the block.
Download the conference app to stay up to date with speaker times, trade show hours and more. There’s no easier way to access everything you need, no matter where you are.
NOTE: There are different hours and dates for the Partner Showcase and the Connect Hub.
Partner Showcase – Yosemite Room (Ballroom Level)
- Monday, 7/16 – Move-in 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 7/17 – Open 10:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 7/18 – Open 10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 7/19 – Open 10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 7/19 – Tear-down 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, 7/20 – Closed
Connect Hub – Grand Ballroom A (Grand Ballroom Level)
- Monday, 7/16 – Move-in 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 7/17 – Open 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 7/18 – Open 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 7/19 – Open 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Friday, 7/20 – Open 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, 7/20 – Tear-down 12:00 – 4:00 p.m.
We partner with GES to handle tradeshow logistics like shipping, materials handling, and drayage.
- Take a look at the GES Exhibitor Services Manual, which outlines the availability and costs of these services.
- We are pleased to cover the cost of power supply for your exhibit space.
- If you will be connecting multiple devices, you may bring your own grounded power strip or you can also rent one through GES.
- Floor Plan for the Partner Showcase
- Floor Plan for the Connect Hub
- AV Order Form
- Electrical Order Form
- Internet Order Form
For your reference, here are photos of the standard Startup Alley and Kiosk exhibit spaces, as well as a few examples of how sponsors have custom-designed their 10×10 booths.
Startup Alley Table
We recommend unique space designs and ample digital signage.
Here are tips and best practices to help you make Connect the most ROI-positive event you attend in 2018.
- Webinar: Top Tips for Maximizing Your Tradeshow ROI
Tradeshow marketing experts share tips and steps you can take to maximize your ROI.
- 5 Types of People You Meet at Inman Connect
Who are you looking to meet onsite? This resource will help you better understand the attendee mix
- 10 Ways to Make the Most of Inman Connect
Learn about opportunities for networking and making vital business connections.
- A Vendor’s Perspective of ICSF
Check out how a Connect first-timer turned what seemed like a lost opportunity into success. Why Attending Inman Connect Was a Business Booster A story of how Connect helped shape one business’s growth.
- Why Attending Inman Connect Was a Business Booster
A story of how Connect helped shape one business’s growth.
- The 4 Stages of Boothsmanship
Exhibiting doesn’t come naturally for everyone. Assess the type of exhibitor you are and explore where you can grow.
- 10 Lessons from a First-Time Tradeshow Exhibitor
First-timer? Everyone has been in your shoes. Find out how to make the most of your time without trying to do it all.
- 80 Tips for the Tradeshow Exhibitor
Not a first-timer? Well, we still bet you didn’t think of ALL these things that will help you along your way!
Interested in bringing compelling and memorable giveaways for attendees? Check out these resources:
The Hilton parking garage charges $60 per day. Consider other means of transportation.
Go to registration area in the Connect Hub on the Ballroom Level. Pick up your badges and proceed one level down to the Partner Showcase in the Yosemite Room.
- Storage is limited. Bring enough flyers, giveaways, etc., to make it through segments of the day and then plan to restock periodically as needed.
- If you are connecting a Mac to the monitor that is included with your kiosk (monitors are only included for kiosk sponsorship packages), you must bring the appropriate adapter/dongle.
- In between sessions, busier in the morning, but there is no real downtime.
- Just FYI, there is no set lunch break for exhibitors, so be sure you have enough staff on hand to relieve each other as needed.
Contact Devon at 303-669-0930. (Protip: program that number into your phone)
- Only if you are in a 10×10 booth.
- We provide an overhead sign for both Startup Alley and kiosks, but you are NOT permitted to bring signage otherwise. We do this to minimize your shipping/drayage costs and to standardize the look of the exhibit areas.
- Signage that is not permitted in kiosk and Startup Alley exhibit spaces:
– Floor banners
– Popup banners
– Easel signs
– Table-top signs
– Table drapes
– Floor coverings
– Anything else that could be described as a sign
- If you do bring your own signage, we will ask you to take it down. It’s not our favorite part of the job, but it’s a necessary one.
- There is not. You are welcome to step outside the exhibit area, meet in the Connect Hub, head to a corner, or meet right in your booth—after all, a busy booth is an intriguing booth!
- The Inman Sales team may have additional dedicated meeting room space available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
- Casual to business casual, well-branded (logo button down/polo/t-shirts, etc.)
- Please dress to your comfort level.
- You can arrange to have any items you need for your exhibit space received by our tradeshow partner GES.
- Please note there are additional fees associated with this, all of which is outlined in the Exhibitor Services Manual. Please refer to the Shipping, Drayage, and Material Handling section in the left nav. Pricing for all of GES’s services is included in the manual.
- You do not. We are pleased to cover the cost of electrical for the show.
- You may consider bringing a grounded power strip if you will be plugging in multiple devices.
- The wifi access we provide is primarily for checking email or for simple product demonstrations, but we do not guarantee the quality of signal strength.
- If demonstrating your product requires a minimum internet speed or expanded bandwidth, we recommend that you: A) Create a video demo you can save and run off of a local device. B) Purchase and bring a wifi hotspot that runs on your own personal cellular signal (your carrier’s standard data charges apply). C) Purchase hardline internet access or a dedicated wifi signal for your exhibit space through the Hotel. Please note that this is unfortunately very expensive. Contact Devon if you need an AV/Internet order form. Also, there is a late set-up surcharge for ordering hardline internet onsite at the show, so please submit the form in advance.
The exhibit areas are security patrolled at night. However, please act according to your own personal comfort level in this regard.
Check out this handy guide of recommended spots you might consider when you need to keep your body movin’ day-to-day!