With Christmas just one day from now, there’s no better time to boost your visibility with clients and vendors. (Actually, there was a better time; it was several weeks ago, but we won’t hold it against you!)
In today’s tech-savvy world, there are a wealth of solutions made not only for last-minute make-goods, but also for those who prefer a more non-traditional approach to holiday greetings. After all, when you think outside the box, you’ll be perceived as being different from the competition in a positive way.
That being said, we’ve put together some of our favorite tech-savvy ideas to help you stand out to clients during the holidays – whether you’re a last-minute kind of person or not!
1. Home cleaning service – Giving someone a home cleaning may sound a bit old-school, but take a minute to think about just how wonderful this gift truly is. Our houses get pretty beat up during the holidays, from parties to family gatherings. Imagine how great it would feel to start the New Year with a spotless home that you didn’t have to clean yourself! Molly Maids allows you to buy gift certificates online and will instantly deliver it to the recipient’s email. Or you can try an on-demand service like HomeJoy. This one is a no-brainer!
2. Charity donation – Rather than giving someone a physical gift, it can be great to give a gift to charity in their name. This is particularly nice if they have a cause that is special to them. But if you don’t know which charity would be a good fit, consider a charity gift card that they can use for the charity of their own choosing. CharityChoice is one of the leaders in this space; it also allows you to purchase and send electronically.
3. Subscription box – If you’re not up to speed on the subscription box craze, you’re missing out. From fashion to grooming, lifestyle and beyond, you’ll find a subscription box to fit the unique tastes of nearly all your top clients. We’re partial to CraftCoffee and Mistobox. You can set up the subscription online in no time! And, if you prefer a more traditional approach, there’s always the Harry and David Fruit of the Month Club – the inventors of the gift that keeps on giving.
4. Design consultation – Another great client gift, particularly if they’ve bought a house from you recently, is a design consultation from a local interior design firm. For a small fee, many firms will go to your client’s house and make suggestions about layout and design. You’ve still got time to contact a few area design firms to request their services!
5. Tweet a coffee – If all else fails or you’re simply looking for a quick and inexpensive way to show your clients you’re grateful for their business, you can always tweet them a coffee. It’s a quick and easy way to send a $5 Starbucks gift card, and you’ll certainly be perceived as tech-savvy when your clients see the gift alert!
What are some of your last minute, tech-savvy ideas for staying top-of-mind with clients throughout the holidays? Share your ideas in the comments below! And happy holidays from the RealScout team.
Andrew Flachner is Chief Real Estate Enthusiast at RealScout, the collaboration platform for agents and their clients.