Gary Keller was expanding his business by living life on the road, until a simple behavioral assessment changed everything. It led him to identify the right processes, hire the right people, and eventually fire himself from the CEO role.
- 1:02 – Gary was completely unprepared for growth outside Austin, Texas. But not for long.
- 3:59 – Every new office but one fails. Why? Gary found guidance from an unlikely source: french fries.
- 6:14 – How Gary created “The Launch Manual” by having someone just follow him around, and discovers sometimes we succeed in spite of what we do every day.
- 8:13 – Life balance became a focus for Gary well before it became a buzzword.
- 12:03 – The US and Canada became 31 territories, based on the mathematical calculation of proximity and opportunity.
- 15:54 – Failure found Gary. Again. And his partners weren’t happy. It turned out control was the issue. But who’s?
- 17:51 – Gary met the coach — and his behavioral assessment — who would profoundly shape his life.
22:01 – The answer to the problem for Gary was the least expected: resign.
- 25:29 – Gary learned a valuable lesson about performance and accountability — and creating meaningful change.
- 30:15 – How can 40% average annual growth be sustainable? Here’s how.