Five things that caught my eye today:
- Google Local Business Center redesigns itself, making it even easier to update your company’s information into its small business database. Why is this important? Google supplements organic search results with entries from this database, often ahead of even the top ranked destinations (see Google Implements Local Search Results).
- Like Google Alerts “on Steroids”… Trackur.com was created by Marketing Pilgrim Andy Beal and helps you monitor your online identity (see Rise in Internet Use Reinforces the Need for a Cohesive Identity Strategy).
- Twist monitors trends in Twitter. Interesting tool that monitors and compares the volume of daily tweets contain search terms (see Do You Twitter?).
- BuddyPress is a new initiative to turn WordPress MU into a social networking platform. Like Ning, this may make it even easier to build your own ‘niche’ social network (see Niche Networks and Marketing Real Estate).
- Top Non-ActiveRain Real Estate Blogs. Skewed of course by the data sources, but interesting nonetheless. Kudos to Jon for putting it together every month.