Home sellers strategize to postpone capital gains taxes

Does $250,000 home-sale tax break include deferred profit?
Published on Apr 21, 2004

Get Inman via Facebook Messenger
Our top headlines delivered once a day.
by CareyBot

DEAR BOB: Regarding that $250,000 ($500,000 for a married couple filing jointly) home-sale tax break, what about the taxes that would have been due on deferred gains from sales of prior principal residences? My wife and I bought and sold ...