Tax consequences of real estate gifts

Inheriting property eliminates headaches
Published on Jul 26, 2005

Get Inman via Facebook Messenger
Our top headlines delivered once a day.
by CareyBot

DEAR BOB: What are the benefits and tax consequences for transferring title to one of my adult children for a rental property? I bought the property in 1992 for $78,000, converted it to a rental in 1999, and it is ...