No tax due on even real estate exchange unless buyer sells

Two-year restrictive period applies to transaction
Published on Apr 25, 2006

Get Inman via Facebook Messenger
Our top headlines delivered once a day.
by CareyBot

DEAR BOB: I am an avid reader, but have never seen you write about an even exchange of properties. My son and I both own rental houses. Both houses are of equal value, paid for, with no mortgage on either ...