The search for troubled real estate

What is a distressed property?

Learn the New Luxury Playbook at Luxury Connect | October 18-19 at the Beverly Hills Hotel

DEAR BOB: I am looking for raw land acreage or problem properties, which will sell at a discount, have difficulties with access, title problems, water rights, survey disputes, divorce, encroachments, tenant in common difficulties, and any property that can be purchased as a fixer-upper. In the past, I worked on two landlocked properties where I was able to solve the access problems. Where can I find these properties? – Paul B. DEAR PAUL: Most real estate investors try to avoid acquiring troubled properties. I can't believe you are actually searching for distress properties. Purchase Bob Bruss reports online. From reading this column, you know there is no shortage of real estate problems. I'll be glad to pass along any reader mail offering such properties for sale at bargain prices. HOW CAN CO-OWNER FORCE THE SALE OF A HOUSE? DEAR BOB: I read with great interest your recent item titled "Co-owner can force sale of house." I am in the same situation. About 1971 my partner and I...