Tips for finding the best local real estate agents

First stop is area Realtor association

Learn the New Luxury Playbook at Luxury Connect | October 18-19 at the Beverly Hills Hotel

DEAR BOB: You recently suggested to another reader that she list her home for sale with her area's best Realtor. My question, as a person who has not bought or sold a home for many years, is how can I find my area's best Realtor? – Ron T. DEAR RON: First, I should explain a Realtor is a licensed real estate agent who is a member of the National Association of Realtors and the state Realtors association. Realtors subscribe to a code of ethics, enforced by their local association, whereas non-Realtor real estate licensees do not. Of course, all licensed sales agents are subject to state real estate license laws. Purchase Bob Bruss reports online. Next, to find your area's top-volume home sales agent, just phone the local association of Realtors. Ask for the names of their top five Realtors in sales volume for last year. Most associations are glad to publicize those names of their most successful agents. However, be sure you get the names of agents who specialize in your area. D...