Senior-citizen homeowners prime candidates for seller financing

Future-Proof: Navigate Threats, Seize Opportunities at ICNY 2018 | Jan 22-26 at the Marriott Marquis, Times Square, New York

DEAR BOB: I have a good job and excellent FICO credit score of 745, but not much savings or other assets. In other words, I live paycheck to paycheck. I see ads for homes and condos for sale with little or nothing down. But I need to buy a place with space for my four dogs. I currently rent a house with a big yard but the landlord refuses to sell. Also, I have two roommates who occasionally drive me crazy. How can I find a home to buy in my unique situation? – Martin S. DEAR MARTIN: Start looking in the areas that interest you. Of course, study the newspaper classified ads. When you find a real estate agent in the vicinity where you want to buy, ask about homes for sale with seller financing. Purchase Bob Bruss reports online. Many elderly sellers would be thrilled to sell to a responsible buyer like you and carry back the mortgage for retirement income. Personally, I've bought many houses from senior citizens who needed retirement income secured by a mortgage on the residenc...