Hines acquires interest in Chicago high-rise

Holdings in firm's U.S. Core Office Fund reach 12 properties

Don't miss the real estate event of the summer
Join 4,000 real estate pros at Connect SF, Aug 7‑11, 2017

The Chicago office of Hines, an international real estate firm, on Wednesday announced that a subsidiary of Hines-Sumisei U.S. Core Office Fund L.P. has acquired an approximate 80 percent interest in 333 West Wacker in Chicago from Kan Am Grund Kapitalanlagegesellschaft MbH, a German investment firm. The remaining 20 percent interest was acquired by institutional investors advised by General Motors Investment Management Corporation. Hines will manage and lease the property. The Core Fund is an investment vehicle organized by Hines and Sumitomo Life Realty (N.Y.) Inc., to acquire a geographically diverse portfolio of core office buildings in the United States. 333 West Wacker is a 36-story office building containing 867,821 square feet located in Chicago's West Loop submarket in the city's central business district. The building is located on a bend in the Chicago River and is surrounded by an array of amenities. The building was completed in 1983 and includes a four-level subterranea...