Investcorp on Wednesday announced the purchase of a portfolio of retail shopping centers located in Texas from Equity One Inc.

The transaction’s final terms covered the purchase of 29 retail properties totaling approximately 2.8 million square feet for a combined purchase price of $388 million. Under the terms of the transaction, the properties were acquired from Equity One by a joint venture in which Investcorp holds an 80 percent stake, with Equity One holding the remaining 20 percent interest.

Located in the fast-growing metropolitan markets of Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio, the properties included in this transaction are primarily situated in established in-fill locations. Approximately 50 percent of the space in the portfolio is leased by national retailers, including H-E-B, Bally’s Total Fitness, Kroger, Ross Stores, T.J. Maxx, PETCO Animal Supplies, Sports Authority, 24 Hour Fitness, and Kohl’s, among others. Equity One will continue to serve as manager and leasing agent for the properties.

Investcorp’s New York-based team of real estate professionals invests in all major real estate asset classes with risk/return profiles ranging from core plus to opportunistic, for mid- to long-term holding periods.

Show Comments Hide Comments


Sign up for Inman’s Morning Headlines
What you need to know to start your day with all the latest industry developments
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive marketing emails from Inman.
Thank you for subscribing to Morning Headlines.
Back to top
Only 3 days left to register for Inman Connect Las Vegas before prices go up! Don't miss the premier event for real estate pros.Register Now ×
Limited Time Offer: Get 1 year of Inman Select for $199SUBSCRIBE×
Log in
If you created your account with Google or Facebook
Don't have an account?
Forgot your password?
No Problem

Simply enter the email address you used to create your account and click "Reset Password". You will receive additional instructions via email.

Forgot your username? If so please contact customer support at (510) 658-9252

Password Reset Confirmation

Password Reset Instructions have been sent to

Subscribe to The Weekender
Get the week's leading headlines delivered straight to your inbox.
Top headlines from around the real estate industry. Breaking news as it happens.
15 stories covering tech, special reports, video and opinion.
Unique features from hacker profiles to portal watch and video interviews.
Unique features from hacker profiles to portal watch and video interviews.
It looks like you’re already a Select Member!
To subscribe to exclusive newsletters, visit your email preferences in the account settings.
Up-to-the-minute news and interviews in your inbox, ticket discounts for Inman events and more
1-Step CheckoutPay with a credit card
By continuing, you agree to Inman’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

You will be charged . Your subscription will automatically renew for on . For more details on our payment terms and how to cancel, click here.

Interested in a group subscription?
Finish setting up your subscription