More buyers using TICs to get into condos

Pros and cons of 4 main titleholding methods revealed

DEAR BENNY: I am considering buying a condo in San Francisco. It looks like most condos advertise taking title as TIC (tenants in common). Can you please explain a little more about TIC? What are the disadvantages and advantages? –Eton

DEAR ETON: Because this is a syndicated column that appears throughout the United States, my answer has to be general. You should consult your own attorney to assist you in your decision-making.

Oversimplified, there are four ways that title can be held for your own home: