Reverse exchange can secure bargain real estate

Keep deal alive when unexpected delays arise

The duplex close to the university campus was too good for Harvey Blanks to pass up.

An acquaintance of mine for more two decades and a longtime real estate investor, Blanks had been in a holding pattern for the past 18 months, waiting for more positive signs in home sales. However, he signed an agreement on Jan. 4 to purchase the duplex, believing the deal was a huge bargain.