The board of managers for the first national MLS listing portal, dubbed the Broker Public Portal, announced today that the portal’s first executive committee has been elected. The executive committee mix comprises two representatives from large firms, one from a midsized firm, one from a small firm and two MLS representatives:
- Chairman: Merle Whitehead, CEO, Realty USA
- Vice Chairman: John Mosey, CEO, NorthstarMLS
- Secretary: Craig McClelland, director, Metro Brokers
- Treasurer: Paul Wells, CEO, Re/Max Barrington
- At Large: Cameron Paine, CEO, Connecticut MLS
- At Large: Chris Heller, CEO Keller Williams Realty
As executive chairman, Whitehead will be in charge of setting the agenda and running the organization’s meetings, according to Victor Lund, founding partner of the real estate consulting firm WAV Group that’s facilitating the Broker Public Portal project.
The board has been hammering out a tech strategy and has been in the early stages of vetting tech vendors, but has nothing to announce right now, Lund said. After the board’s first meeting on June 15, there should be some news, he added.
Organizations are joining the project every day, Lund said. Notable recent additions include the largest brokerage in the nation, NRT LLC, and another large brokerage, Weichert Realtors. The current member roster can be seen here.
The executive committee nominations were drawn from the Broker Public Portal’s board of managers and elected by board members. The board of managers comprises five large firms, three midsized firms, three small firms and four MLSs:
- Joan Docktor – Fox & Roach
- Hoby Hanna – Howard Hanna Real Estate
- Chris Heller – Keller Williams
- Robert Moline – HomeServices of America
- Merle Whitehead – Realty USA
- Richard Haase – Latter & Blum
- Craig McClelland – BHGRE Metro Brokers
- Drayton Saunders – Michael Saunders
- Christina Ishibashi Bonner – Pacific Union
- Mitch Ribak – Tropical Realty
- Paul Wells – Re/Max Barrington
- Rebecca Jensen – Midwest Real Estate Data
- John Mosey – NorthstarMLS
- Cameron Paine – Connecticut MLS
- Kirby Slunaker – REcolorado
“It’s an honor to contribute to this vital initiative,” said Chairman Merle Whitehead in a statement. “The resolve to introduce a new type of property search portal for consumers has never been stronger. Now that we have our new board of managers and executive committee in place, the talented team can advance the portal project.”
Editor’s note: This story has been updated to include information about the executive committee’s function, the board’s upcoming meeting and new members of the Broker Portal Portal project.