We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Total existing-home sales rose 14.7 percent month-over-month in December 2015 (on a seasonally adjusted basis).
- The median existing-home price for all housing types in December was $224,100, up 7.6 percent year-over-year.
- Total housing inventory was 1.79 million existing homes for sale, down 3.8 percent year-over-year.
Home equity rates:
Last week’s most recent market news:
- Mortgage applications for new home purchases were down 5 percent month-over-month in December 2015.
- On a seasonally adjusted basis, new home mortgage applications were down by 8 percent month-over-month.
- New home mortgage applications were up 17 percent year-over-year, however.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.