We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
Home equity rates:
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- The national average contract mortgage rate for previously owned homes was 3.98 percent, up from 3.97 percent in December.
- The average interest rate on all loans was 3.97 percent, up from 3.96 in December.
- The average loan amount was $310,400, down from $318,000 in December.
- House prices rose 1.4 percent quarter-over-quarter in the fourth quarter of 2015.
- Year-over-year, prices were up 5.8 percent.
- The FHFA seasonally adjusted monthly index for December was up 0.4 percent month-over-month.
Email market reports to email@example.com.