We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Appraised values were an average of 1.69 percent less than what homeowners estimated in July.
- In June, appraiser opinions were 1.93 percent lower than homeowner expectations.
- Home values rose 1.43 percent from June to July and 6.24 percent from July 2015 to July 2016.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
- The HPSI increased 3.3 points to 86.5 in July, reaching a new all-time survey high.
- Each of the six HPSI components increased in July.
- The largest increases were seen in the net share of consumers who expect home prices to go up over the next 12 months, which rose 8 percentage points after a drop in June, and the net share of consumers who expect mortgage interest rates to go down over the next 12 months, which rose 5 percentage points.
- The preliminary August Money Anxiety Index stands at 59.8.
- This is the same level it was prior to the beginning of the Great Recession in November of 2007.
- The Great Recession was officially declared a month later in December 2007, when the Money Anxiety Index started climbing up and back down.
Email market reports to email@example.com.