We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- Mortgage applications increased 5.8 percent from one week earlier for the week ending February 24, 2017.
- The refinance share of mortgage activity decreased to 45.1 percent of total applications, its lowest level since November 2008, from 46.2 percent the previous week.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances decreased to 4.30 percent from 4.36 percent.
- Construction spending during January 2017 was estimated at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $1,180.3 billion.
- This is 1.0 percent below the revised December estimate of $1,192.2 billion.
- The January figure is 3.1 percent above the January 2016 estimate of $1,144.9 billion.
Home equity rates:
Most recent market news:
Is technology getting in the way of your success?
A commentary by EXIT Realty Corp. International CTO, John Packes READ MORE
- The National Home Price Index increased 5.8 percent year-over-year in December 2016.
- This is the 56th consecutive month of positive gains and the largest since June 2014.
- December was also the sixth consecutive month in which the year-over-year figure increased over the previous month.
- The average interest rate on all mortgage loans was 4.17 percent.
- This is up 26 basis points from 3.91 in December.
- The average loan amount for all loans was $305,400 in January, down $13,700 from $319,100 in December.
Email market reports to email@example.com.