Guest Blogger, Geordie Romer is a real estate broker in the mountain town of Leavenworth Washington where he specializes in selling vacation homes to folks in the Seattle tech scene. Geordie has been blogging about Leavenworth Real Estate since 2005.
As tech savvy real estate pros we all spend an inordinate amount of time and energy making sure we get found in the search engines. Of course, there are a few places you probably don’t care to make an appearance:
- KeepinitRealtor – It’s a little sad that this snarky blog hasn’t posted since 2009. They describe themselves as “a non-profit organization devoted to championing and promoting excellence in all forms of real estate advertising and design.” In reality, they are championing the use of bad puns in real estate ads. Getting mentioned here is probably not a good thing.
- Lovelylisting.com– There are some real doozies here. I think this is the best (worst?) collection of bad listing photos on the web these days.
- Seattle Bubble’s “Real Actual Listing Photos” – Yet another ongoing collection of bad listing photos.
- Your State’s List of Infractions (California for example) – It’s one thing to be made fun of by a bubble blogger, but being on this list is probably the worst press you can get.
- Craigslist Rant and Rave A few years ago, I saw a competitor’s name show up here and it wasn’t pretty. Though I’d love to show you some examples, “Craigslist postings may be explicitly sexual, scatalogical, offensive, graphic, tasteless, and/or not funny. “
What are some websites that you hope to never appear on?