FROM OUR SPONSOR
Official Rules for the SmartZip Inman Connect San Francisco 2018 Giveaway
This feature was produced in collaboration between Inman Group, LLC, d/b/a Inman (hereinafter referred to as “Inman”) and SmartZip. Inman editorial staff was not involved in the creation or production of this content.
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning
- Eligibility: The SmartZip Inman Connect San Francisco 2018 Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age. Employees, independent contractors, interns, officers, directors, and agents of Inman and SmartZip, other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children, and their respective spouses) and household members of any of the foregoing are not eligible to enter. VOID IN ANY LOCATION WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by SmartZip, 1680 Fruitville Rd. Suite 316, Sarasota, FL 34236 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: June 11, 2018, 12:00:00 AM PST – June 23, 2018 11:59:59 PM PST. Entries submitted before or after the applicable Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: During the applicable Entry Period, entrants must complete the online entry form at https://www.inman.com/2018/06/08/win-pass-icsf18/ by entering their First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Phone Number and clicking Submit. Submitting an entry is free. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/email address per Entry Period. Additional Entries will not be acknowledged. The use of an agency or any automated system to enter is strictly prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries received through such methods, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Drawing: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner(s) in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify the winner within two (2) business days of the drawing for the Entry Period by email or phone. If the winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours after the notice is sent, the Sponsor will select an alternate winner in his/her place at random from all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate winners will be contacted. Except where prohibited, the winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If the winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received. Only three (3) alternate winners may be contacted.
- Prize: One (1) all access ticket to Inman Connect San Francisco 2018, July 17-20, 2018. Winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Exact timing of reservations determined solely by Sponsor. Winner must be able to attend Inman Connect San Francisco 2018 on the dates listed above or may result in forfeiture of the prize. The prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize(s) at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Inman, Sponsor, and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or garbled Entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing or posting of Entries, the announcement of the prize, the cancellation or postponement of Inman Connect San Francisco 2018, or in any Sweepstakes related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified, and all associated Entries will be void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, proper play or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken using the judging procedure outlined above. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Sweepstakes MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes and the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Tallahassee, FL. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Tallahassee, FL, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Tallahassee, FLor any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Tallahassee, FL.
- Third Party Platforms: If this Sweepstakes is hosted, administered, or operated on a third party platform, including without limitation a social media platform (e.g. Instagram) (“Third Party Platform”), then by participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants hereby release and agree to hold harmless such Third Party Platform from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prizes or participation in any prize-related activities. Unless otherwise stated to the contrary in these Official Rules, this Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Platform.
- Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Inman Group, LLC, 75 N. Woodward Ave #80368, Tallahassee, FL 32313. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of each Entry Period.
This feature was produced in collaboration between Inman and SmartZip. Inman editorial staff was not involved in the creation or production of this content.