Real estate tip: Settlement sheet’s in the mail

Will I receive an official government statement when I close on my new house?
Published on Feb 27, 2004

Watch Connect NYC 2017 Live
Tune in live as the best and brightest explain how to execute and grow your business from the main stage of Connect.

Yes. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development requires that you receive a Uniform Settlement Statement, a closing statement or settlement sheet that outlines closing costs on all real estate transactions or refinancing deals. In most cases, your lender ...