- The National Association of Realtors kicks off Realtor Safety week, Sept. 12-18. The association promotes learning and discussion among Realtors about safety challenges in the profession.
- The National Home Equity Mortgage Association will hold its legislative conference, Sept. 14-15, in Washington, D.C. Attendees will hear the latest from lobbyists, consumer advocates and legislators on regulatory trends, and have the chance to meet with Representatives and Senators.
- The Colorado Association of Mortgage Bankers will hold its convention and tradeshow in Denver, Sept. 15-16.
- The Texas Association of Realtors will hold its annual convention and trade show Sept. 17-21, in Fort Worth, Texas.
- “Grassroots & Groundwork: Practical Models for Reducing Poverty and Rebuilding Communities” is slated for Sept. 12-14, in St. Paul, Minn. The event will open discussion about what communities are doing to pull themselves out of poverty.
- “Rail-Volution 2004” is slated for Sept. 18-22, in Los Angeles. The event will focus on transit, and how transit can be used economically, environmentally and as a foundation of change.
Send tips or a Letter to the Editor to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 658-9252, ext. 133.