Can you believe it? Inman Connect New York starts January 26 — that’s next week!
Check out these 11 must-have style and tech accessories for ICNY:
1. Snow-ready boots
Although it looks like the weather gods will be gracious enough to spare us from a snowstorm, it never hurts to be prepared with a pair of stylish and hearty boots.
Choose a waterproof pair with thick rubber soles. If you don’t want to invest in a new pair of boots, simply waterproof your boots with a spray. Also, invest in a pair of wool socks for an extra layer of warmth and protection.
- Men’s option: Aldo Shoes Fenlon Boot, $79.98
- Women’s option: Cole Haan Putnam Waterproof Boot, $298
- Wool socks: L.L. Bean Merino Wool Ragg Sock 2-pack, $19.95
2. Down parka
I’ve only been in the real estate sphere for a short time, but it one thing is abundantly clear: real estate professionals LOVE great style.
Unfortunately, when it comes to coats, the ones best suited for cold weather usually aren’t that stylish. But, I have a solution. Invest in a lightweight down parka that can easily be worn under your favorite coat. You’ll be warm and manage to stay in vogue.
- Men’s and Women’s option: Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Jacket, $79.90
3. Dark-wash denim jeans
Some of you may be gasping in horror at the thought of wearing jeans to a professional conference, but when done right, jeans can be as classy as a pair of slacks. Plus, you won’t have to change for your post-conference activities!
Simply choose a dark-wash boot cut jean. This color and cut is flattering on all body types.
4. Infinity scarf
Infinity scarves are a chic and innovative take on the basic scarf. Infinity scarves are elliptical-shaped and can easily be wrapped around the neck and head, which eliminates the need for a hat.
- Men’s option: William Rast Distressed Infinity Scarf, $28.80
- Women’s option: H&M Women’s Tube Scarf, $9.99
5. Tech-friendly leather gloves
Everyone needs a pair of leather gloves! They do an excellent job of keeping your hands warm and dry (cloth gloves absorb moisture), while providing classic style. Choose a pair of tech-friendly gloves that allow you to use your touch screen without taking your gloves off.
- Men’s option: J Crew Men’s Cashmere-Lined Leather Smartphone Gloves, $98
- Women’s option: Coach Leather Tech Glove, $72.50
1. Portable charger
ICNY is an all-day event full of captivating sessions and networking opportunities, which means you’ll be using your phone and tablet a lot. Keep your tech tools charged with a portable charger so you don’t have to miss a moment due to a low battery.
- Anker Power Core 15600, $29.99: According to its description on Amazon, the Anker Power Core 15600 can fully charge your phone five to six times, and your tablet once on one charger. Plus, it has an 18-month warranty and is built to withstand extreme weather temps.
2. Selfie kit
There will be plenty of selfies taken at ICNY, and there are a few accessories you can use to insure your selfie will be the best of them all.
- Selfie stick: Selfie sticks are especially helpful when you want to take group photos (I’m looking at you, ICNY ambassadors). Selfie sticks can be found anywhere — just avoid the ones at the dollar store.
- Ty-lite phone case, $79.99: Beyonce’s stylist created a protective phone case that is rimmed with LED lights, so no matter where you are, you’ll have perfect lighting.
3. Bluetooth keyboard
For those who don’t want to lug around a laptop, transform your tablet into a mini-laptop of sorts with a Bluetooth keyboard. There are keyboards for every brand and model, and most don’t need to be charged more than a few times a month. My favorite brand is Zagg, which has keyboards for every price point ($50 to $130).
4. Tech bags
For women, most of our everyday bags can’t hold a laptop, iPad and other essentials you may need to carry during the conference. So invest in a wide bag that has multiple compartments for organization and sturdy handles.