We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
- The national average contract mortgage rate for previously owned homes was 3.98 percent, up from 3.97 percent in December.
- The average interest rate on all loans was 3.97 percent, up from 3.96 in December.
- The average loan amount was $310,400, down from $318,000 in December.
- House prices rose 1.4 percent quarter-over-quarter in the fourth quarter of 2015.
- Year-over-year, prices were up 5.8 percent.
- The FHFA seasonally adjusted monthly index for December was up 0.4 percent month-over-month.
Home equity rates:
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- Single-family home sales in January 2016 were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 494,000.
- This is 9.2 percent below the revised December 2015 rate.
- It’s also 5.2 percent below the January 2015 estimate.
- The market composite index decreased 4.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis week-over-week.
- The refinance index decreased 8 percent week-over-week.
- The seasonally adjusted purchase index increased 2 percent week-over-week.
- The MiMi purchase applications indicator increased 9 percent in 2015.
- The national MiMi value is at 82.7.
- Year-over-year, the national MiMi improved 7.65 percent.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.