- The deadline for the Center for Economic and Policy Research’s essay contest, “Why is the run-up in housing prices not a bubble?” is Wednesday, March 31. The Center is offering $1,000 to the most convincing essay and will publish the winner on April 6. More details are available at www.cepr.net.
- Inman News will host an audio conference on Thursday to discuss innovations in real estate Web pages, design, traffic, retention and conversion. Real estate Web developers from Advanced Access, Z57, Point2Agent, Best Image and VREO will share tips and traps on how to optimize a Web site, screen out bad leads and increase traffic. The conference takes place at 11 a.m. PST and is free to Inman News members.
- The Kelsey Group, which provides research and analysis of yellow pages, electronic directories and local media, will host a conference Tuesday through Wednesday next week to discuss online advertising opportunities for small businesses in local search. The conference, “Drilling Down on Local Search: Drivers and Barriers to SME Adoption” will take place at the Santa Clara Marriot in Santa Clara, Calif. Registration details are available at www.kelseygroup.com.
- The National Building Museum will hold a symposium on affordable housing Tuesday through Wednesday in Washington, D.C. Architects, housing experts, builders, government officials and scholars will cover a range of issues important to affordable housing today and in the future.
- Novogradic & Co. will host the Community Based Investing Conference Thursday, April 1 through April 2, in Baltimore. The conference will focus on topics such as community equity funds, building viable inner-city land assembly funds, smart growth funds, and partnerships among private, public and community sectors.
*** Send a Letter to the Editor for publication.
Send a comment or news tip to our newsroom.
Please include the headline of the story.