- Alan Greenspan and the Federal Reserve Board’s Federal Open Market Committee will meet on Aug. 10 to discuss monetary policy and decide whether to raise, lower or leave the federal funds rate at its current 1.5 percent.
- The Neighborhood Reinvestment Corp. will hold the NeighborWorks Training Institute in Washington, D.C., Aug. 9-13. The Institute will offer a variety of courses on topics such as the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit, the HOME program, evaluation strategies for community building, working in diverse communities and IDA programs.
- The California Mortgage Bankers Association’s Ninth Annual Western States Loan Servicing Conference is slated for Aug. 8-9, at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas.
- KnowledgePlex will host an Expert Chat on Fix-It-First Approaches on Aug. 12. “Fix-it-first” approaches seek to improve economies and communities by targeting and prioritizing spending on roads, schools, sewers, utilities and other existing infrastructure. The chat starts at 2 p.m. EDT. More information is available at this link.
- The Idaho Mortgage Lenders Association will hold the Western Regional Mortgage Lenders Conference Aug. 9-11, in Sun Valley, Idaho.
What’s your opinion? Send your Letter to the Editor to firstname.lastname@example.org.