- The Florida Association of Realtors will host its annual convention Aug. 18-22, in Orlando.
- A seminar on the New Jersey Homeownership Security Act amendments and their impact is slated for Aug. 17, at the Forsgate Country Club in Monroe Township, N.J. The event will be hosted by the Mortgage Bankers Association of New Jersey, League of Mortgage Lenders, New Jersey Bankers Association and the New Jersey League of Community Bankers.
- The National Association of Housing Cooperatives will hold its annual conference Aug. 18-21, in Boston. The event will feature a keynote address by affordable housing and community development expert James Stockard, as well as educational sessions on multicultural and multigenerational co-ops, cooperative principles and their applications, mortgage planning payoff and co-op development.
- The National Resident Empowerment Conference is slated for Aug. 19-22, in Philadelphia. The event will feature strategies for helping public and assisted housing residents build skills to become self-sufficient.
- The next installment of the Latino New Urbanism 2004 Dialogue Series is slated for Aug. 20. More details about the series are available at Latinonewurbanism.org.
Send tips or a Letter to the Editor to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 658-9252, ext. 133.