- Inman News‘ fall audio conference series begins Sept. 23, at 11 a.m. PST with “Alternative Real Estate Business Models.” The event includes an interactive discussion on current commission levels, the traditional brokerage model and industry newcomers, among other topics.
- The Federal Reserve Board will meet on Sept. 21, to discuss monetary policy and decide whether or not to raise, lower or leave the overnight federal funds rate unchanged.
- The annual Identity Risk Conference, hosted by ID Analytics, is slated for Sept. 21-23, in Carlsbad, Calif. The event features representatives from financial services, wireless, government and technology sectors, and will provide a broad perspective on identity fraud and related issues.
- The National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association will meet in Chicago, Sept. 19-21, for its annual meeting. Some of the topics to be discussed include the new “science” of wealth span planning, assessing the decision-making capacity of older adults, and measuring the impact rising interest rates on the reverse mortgage business.
- The New England Mortgage Banking Conference is slated for Sept. 22-24, in Providence, R.I.
- The Texas Association of Mortgage Brokers will meet Sept. 23-25, in Houston for its annual convention.
- Brownfields 2004: Gateway to revitalization, hosted by the Environmental Protection Agency, is slated for Sept. 20-22, in St. Louis.
Send tips or a Letter to the Editor to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 658-9252, ext. 133.