- The Mortgage Bankers Association will hold its annual conference Oct. 24-27, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. The event features leaders from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and top U.S. regulatory agencies, as well as breakout panel discussions and a tradeshow.
- Inman News will host an audio conference on Oct. 28 at 11 a.m. PST. Listen to Steve Ozonian, Bank of America’s Home Ownership Executive, and Robert Moles, chairman of Intero Real Estate Services, for a lively discussion and question and answer session.
- Housing economists and finance experts will unveil their forecasts during the semi-annual Construction Forecast Conference, Oct. 27, in Washington, D.C. Get the latest forecasts on housing starts, project budgets, and other economic bellwethers of the housing industry.
- Cendant Mobility will host is fourth annual GlobalNet conference, Oct. 25-26, in Washington, D.C., for its global service providers.
- PlaceMakers will host the SmartCode Workshop, Oct. 27-30, in Fort Worth, Texas. Andres Duany will lead the discussion of the rural-to-urban Transect and the form-based principles that guide the SmartCode, a land development template available to create environmentally sustainable, economically competitive and truly livable places.
- The National Neighborhood Coalition will host a Community Engagement Forum, Oct. 28, in Washington, D.C. The discussion will focus on building powerful, empowering neighborhood institutions, and panelists will discuss how they are facilitating neighborhood engagement and how neighborhood residents influence their institutions.
What’s your opinion? Send your Letter to the Editor to firstname.lastname@example.org.